Financial Analyst I
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
The Financial Analyst I is responsible for the financial analysis
and support of Global Business Unit activities within the Company.
These activities include budgeting, forecasting, monitoring and
directing journal transactions, tracking P&L performance and
providing explanations, and providing analytical research support
Financial Accounting and Analysis - 90%
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue,
gross margin, operating expenses, and profit margin results,
providing explanations along with performance reporting. This would
include pricing/new products analysis, trends, margin analysis,
- Review results with finance members, working to identify issues
- Create, maintain, and produce daily/weekly/monthly financial
and operational reports and packages. Create business unit
scorecards and related executive presentations/monthly
- Participation in the consolidation of monthly close for the
business unit, coordinating re-class/correcting/necessary journal
- Measure actual performance results against forecast/plan/prior
year and identify issues that require further action. Highlight
areas of business unit underperformance and recommend
- Create Business Unit capital requests, working with BU
management team, and creating business return analysis.
- Create and maintain monthly reporting regarding capital
spending within the business unit.
- Coordinate with the BU Controller on issues/analytics/data
manipulation as needed.
- Utilize knowledge of internal systems to provide insightful,
accurate and timely analytical information.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation, including
database creation and maintenance, data entry rules, and reporting
- Perform ad hoc reporting as requested for variety of needs
throughout the Business Unit.
- Support internal Customers across overall as required.
Duties - cont'd
Financial and Internal Controls - 10%
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial
close processes in accordance with corporate guidelines and
- Prepare and enter financial journal entries into the general
ledger system in accordance with corporate policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0 -2 years of financial accounting, analysis and reporting
- Knowledge and/or demonstrated use of business reporting and
financial systems (i.e. Oracle, Excel, Informatica, Cognos,
Microsoft Access, etc.)
- Strong resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge of and skilled in manipulating large amounts of data
into meaningful information.
- Ability to be a self-starter; excellent organizational,
interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to work as a team
member, as well as independently; ability to perform comfortably in
a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment; ability to
successfully execute many tasks simultaneously.
- Customer service orientation is mandatory.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by - 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Req ID: 30569
Job Category: Finance
Mentor, OH, US, 44060
Life at STERIS
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , Financial Analyst I, Professions , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!