Company: Spang & Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Spang Power Electronics, a global manufacturer of specialty
power control and conversion equipment, has an opening for an
Electrical-Mechanical Drafter based at its Mentor, Ohio facility.
We design and manufacture systems and products for industrial
control applications all over the world, specializing in SCR Power
Controllers, custom Transformers, and AC/DC Power Systems.
This position will be responsible for supporting Systems
Engineering, Product, and Development Engineering by generating
mechanical and electrical documentation for Manufacturing and the
- Prepare the electrical and mechanical drawing package using
computer-based CAD tools for System projects or Product designs to
meet the sales order requirements.
- Work closely with System Engineer on assigned projects to meet
the project timeline and support completion of tasks on Design
- Perform and document all project calculations as part of
- Prepare the electrical and mechanical drawing package for
System designs to meet the technical and marketing
- Reconcile bills of material to the electrical and mechanical
- Prepare concept drawings for sales presentations and
- Perform routine electrical and mechanical design by complying
with internal design standards and guidelines.
- Create fabrication drawing package for external parts
manufacturing and answer questions from vendor.
- Create assembly drawing package for internal manufacturing and
answer questions from manufacturing.
- Participate in product and system design reviews, as assigned,
and update documentation to reflect approved changes
- Understand recorded changes during manufacturing and update
drawings to create As Built documentation.
- Save and maintain project documentations in proper locations in
Autodesk Vault and on the internal network.
- Participate in System project kickoff meetings on assigned
- CAD Tool Development - Develop improved use of CAD tools
(AutoCAD Electrical, Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical and Vault
applications) by documenting instructions for better use of the
applications. Train other CAD users in the improvements. Answer
questions and help resolve problems that arise with CAD
Qualifications include a Bachelor's or Associates's degree,
preferably in a technical discipline. 5 to 10 years of experience
in preparing electrical and mechanical designs of industrial
equipment for manufacturing is required. Experience using AutoCAD
Electrical, Autodesk Inventor, and AutoCAD is essential. Knowledge
of NFPA 79, UL 508, and/or IEC 61349 industrial control panel
layouts is a plus.
Spang offers a competitive benefits package and salary commensurate
with experience. To learn more Spang & Company, please visit our
website at www.spang.com. Apply in the following application.
Benefits include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision /
Hearing Plan, Life Insurance, Personal Accident and Family Life
Insurance, Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance, Pet
Insurance, ID Theft, Competitive Vacation Plan, Company-paid
Holidays, Educational Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, and
Spang is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Spang & Company, Mentor , Electrical-Mechanical Drafter, Professions , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!