Director, Supply Chain
Company: Race Winning Brands
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Race Winning Brands is searching for a Global Supply Chain Director
to join our team.
This position is responsible for leading the Planners and Planning
Analysts to achieve overall financial and inventory goals in
conjunction with Merchandising, Supply Chain, Sourcing and Store
Team Leadership. The position will lead, coach and develop the
Planning team to achieve financial objectives including sales
targets, gross margin, inventory and OTB management. This role will
be critical in identifying risks and opportunities within the
inventory and buy plans and working to mitigate those risks. This
person must be passionate about leading a team through change as
well as drive development of strategies for long term growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Implements practices which optimize inventory on-hand, minimize
warehouse space and personnel requirements, and improve inventory
* Maintains and monitors efficient and cost-effective
transportation (Shipping and Receiving) resources.
* Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing;
makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, onloading,
movement, and storage of materials.
* Manages business relationships with suppliers and works with
suppliers to develop work plans, communicate strategies, and
resolve performance concerns.
* Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply
chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent
changes to processes.
* Develops effective and efficient supplier management system and
is actively involved in sourcing new suppliers.
* Oversight of production planning and reporting of priorities,
concerns, risks while working with operations and the customer
service team to insure meet or exceed customer and company
* Maximizes use of ERP system to automate systems and
* Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify
and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective
* Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or
evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
* Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and
* Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests
improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and
profitability for the company.
* Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes,
product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely
and orderly material and production flow transitions.
* Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to
meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies
new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
* Supports and builds the company's culture.
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, sales, engineering or
related from accredited university
* Requires a minimum of10 years of supply chain experience, as well
as significant manufacturing and managerial skills and the ability
to motivate people
* Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire.
* A minimum of 5 years of experience working with Global vendors in
Asia and Europe.
* An advanced engineering or business degree.
* Exceptional Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel & PowerPoint
* Effective communication skills and ability to work effectively in
a matrix organization.
* Strong leadership capability and experience managing a team of
* Industry Experience in automotive aftermarket.
* Multi-lingual, Chinese/Japanese preferred.
Keywords: Race Winning Brands, Mentor , Director, Supply Chain, Professions , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!