Company: Signature Health
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit healthcare agency whose
mission is to put good health within reach of all of our community
members through comprehensive mental health, medical, and support
services essential for optimizing the well-being of mind and body.
Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties, we are
committed to increasing access to a continuum of care while
integrating behavioral and physical health well-being. If you are
passionate about making a difference then we want to talk to you.
We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative work environment along
with a comprehensive range of benefit selections to support your
total wellness, including several 100% employer paid benefits.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Reporting to the Team Manager, Revenue Cycle, the Account Analyst
is responsible for the entirety of assigned payers, from claims
follow up to appeals and resolving payment variances. You will work
with insurance carriers to ensure timely accurate payment for
services rendered. The Account Analyst is responsible for
supporting the revenue cycle functions of the organization.
HOW YOULL SUCCEED
- Manage assigned payments, denials, collections, and reporting
for assigned payers until resolved.
- Submit appeals and/or resolve claim rejections, underpayments
- Analyze work queues and reports to identify and analyze denial
trends, payment variances and provider mapping issues
- Initiate insurance follow up on aged, unresolved claims to
ensure accurate reimbursement
- Regularly review resource material such as BH Redesign Manual,
FQHC information to ensure carriers are adhering to
- Identifying invalid denials and working with leadership to
escalate to Payer Representative
- Maintain clear communication with staff, referents or
designated liaison persons.
- Monitor and enforce clients rights and confidentially, and
ensure high ethical standards.
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned payer set up and
execution; develop and implement strategies under strategy of the
Chief Financial Officer.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient
confidentiality and right to privacy.
- May be required to perform remote services as determined by
- Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 3+ years experience in healthcare, primary medicine or
behavioral health billing preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD Diagnosis, ICD Procedure codes, CPT codes and
medical terminology required.
- Experience in billing private insurance a preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and
intermediate-level Excel skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Strong Follow Through
- In-home high-speed internet is required. DSL, cable or fiber
internet service with the ability to hardwire via Ethernet from
cable modem to a PC with a download speed of at least 25 mbps and
an upload speed of at least 15 mbps.
- Work is normally performed in a typical
interior/office/clinical work environment.
- While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to
work evenings and extended hours may be required.
- Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer
- Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over
the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person,
over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including
reading information from printed sources and computer
- Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items
weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job
- Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements,
standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting,
pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular
- Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Internal Job Code: 1150
- Revenue Status: Non-Revenue Generating
- Last Revision Date: 3/2/2021
This Success Profile is not an exhaustive list of all functions or
requirements that you may be required to perform; you may be
required to perform other job-related assignments as requested by
your supervisor or the company.You must be able to perform the
essential functions of the position satisfactorily; however, if
requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to
perform the essential functions of this job, absent undue
hardship.Signature Health may revise this Success Profile at any
time, with or without advanced notice.
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with the
Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy and the
Federal COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate.Both policies require
employees to obtain and provide documentation of the respective
vaccinations. Medical and/or religious exemptions may be requested,
with proper supporting documentation, and will be review by the
designated Signature Health Review Committee(s). Exemption requests
are not guaranteed to be approved.
Keywords: Signature Health, Mentor , Account Analyst, Professions , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!