Cored Wire Expeditor
Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development
and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products,
automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global
leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125
years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to
employing talent that will support our strategy to foster
innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for
our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to
build a better world. Req. ID: 22510 PURPOSE: To execute the
movement of materials for production lines. This position will
report directly to the Shift Supervisor. JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES
- Perform safe, accurate and timely movements of material to
support the Cored Wire Operation.
- Keep the production lines running efficiently and minimize
downtime related to material shortages.
- Work as a team member with the Production Scheduler, Set-Up
person and other Cored Wire Expediters in order to have the
appropriate materials available for production in the appropriate
- Controls, stages, and manages inventory of assigned materials
(Raw Materials and Work-in-Process) with the Production Scheduler
and Set-Up. Rotate stock per specification or procedure.
- Assist in loading and scheduling of all production lines as
needed to maximize line operator and production efficiency. Able to
adapt to schedule changes and make good decisions while working off
shifts. Deliver released materials to the production line, when
- Responsible for prevention of damage to materials.
- Collect, record and dispose of Cored Wire scrap per procedures.
Accurate scrap measurement required.
- Follow EHS procedures for disposing of and shielding scrap in
- Review, understand, and follow the departmental procedures, EW
Specifications, SSW Specifications, Job Hazard Analysis and Plant
Rules and Regulations that are associated with the performance of
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Shift Supervisor.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company's 2025 Strategy. BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience
- Must be well organized, accurate, motivated and efficient in
moving and rotating materials.
- Able to understand and interpret the specifications and
procedures related to this job.
- Self-motivated safety, and quality conscious; requiring minimal
- Experience with Cored Wire manufacturing and wire drawing
processes is helpful. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or
disability. Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company
(NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With
operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we
are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow
with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will
contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the
pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's
challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Department. Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time Function:
Manufacturing Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Mentor , Cored Wire Expeditor, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...