Knockout Blaster (4th shift)
Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: November 17, 2022
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Work Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience as an operator in a
manufacturing environment. Previous casting experience is a
plus.Principal Area of Responsibility:The Knock-out/Cut-off
Operator must be able to perform all duties and procedures and
operate equipment efficiently.Specific Duties:
- Check all tags for proper identification.
- Remove test material and place in tray with mold tag for kevex
check; run kevex unit when required.
- Knock out mold with automatic air hammer, hand, waterjet
- Start routing card process.
- Stamp heat number on casting for identification, record lot
control as required.
- Cut-off castings, trim excess gatings.
- Lift and dump 55 gallon barrels containing molds.
- Visually inspect work for obvious defects.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Record on a daily basis all work performed by operational
- Keeps work area clean, orderly, and in safe condition,
following all safety rules.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and
communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients,
co-workers and supervisors.Physical and Mental Demands:
- Incumbent must physically and mentally perform the job demands
as listed below.
- The ability to handle high stress associated with high activity
with tight deadlines.
- Pass the visual acuity exam.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Mentor , Knockout Blaster (4th shift), Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!