Machinist I - 1st Shift ($3,000 HIRING BONUS)
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: May 12, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Complete all projects, assignments, and duties as directed and
instructed. T-CARDS and 5S.
- Remain safety-conscious at all times by wearing all prescribed
safety equipment and observing all safety rules.
- Conform to all policies, procedures, and rules of conduct as
communicated through the Associate Handbook, Bulletin Boards,
Newsletters, and any other vehicle by which information is
distributed by STERIS Management.
- Comply with all quality standards. Meet all productivity
requirements and quality standards.
- Load work piece/pieces manually or using assistance.
- Check work to ensure that it meets the specifications
- Read and interpret STERIS blueprints including standard
tolerances and other work instruction documents.
- Use required measuring instruments and gauges to check and
ensure parts meet dimensional requirements.
- Record production activities on computerized shop floor control
- Additional duties as required to meet business needs.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of related experience.
- Must have strong math skills, proficiency in troubleshooting
and basic computer skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and
- Must have ability to stand for long periods of time. Must be
capable of lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Must be able to operate CNC machines.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and
- Must have strong ability to learn new processes and
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Req ID: 26626
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Mentor, OH, US, 44060
Life at STERIS
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , Machinist I - 1st Shift ($3,000 HIRING BONUS), Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!