Company: Lincoln Electric
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Description(Up to $10K Sign-On Bonus for Qualified,
Experienced New Hires)The duties of General Labor (Piecework) vary.
May be assigned to any Piecework Production position in the Euclid
or Mentor plants that require physical labor including
constructing, or building various parts used to make a finished
product, or working collaboratively with computer-controlled
equipment that require mechanical aptitude and spatial
ability.Piecework pay for individual positions is based on the
number of units produced by the individual worker. Line work
typically involves working with a group of employees to complete a
finished product. Lines normally pay on a group piecework basis,
which means that all of the workers on the line are paid according
to the number of units produced by the group.Essential Function
- Performs general labor including light to heavy assembly, fine
component dexterity, plastic injection molding, laser cutting,
metal punching, stamping, bending, forming, shearing and hoisting
apparatus. Includes heavy machine designed for mixing,
- Follows all risk reduction procedures including wearing
specified protective clothing and safety equipment where required.
Includes hearing, eye, foot protection and respirator protection
- Works in a highly structured environment requiring strict
adherence to quality standards and frequent reading and following
written work instructions, interpreting scales, dials or gauges,
reading or generating charts or tables.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special
projects as needed or directed which may include duties not listed
in this documentQUALIFICATIONS
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic understanding of Math including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, counting and problem solving.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background
- Flexibility with scheduling including working swing (or
rotating) shifts and ability to work overtime and weekends as
- Requires ability to work in a Plant Environment that is not air
- Knowledgeable of all quality procedures used to process items
in work center.
- Ability and knowledge to meet all written specifications and
prints, and ensure compliance with all standards.
- Comply with factory spec for first piece and production part
check.The Supervisor/Manager shall determine when an individual has
completed the training and is qualified to assume these
responsibilities.The Supervisor/Manager shall ensure that the
employee receives "on the job training", and the following training
at the appropriate times.Understand the Company's EHS Policy and
how it relates to this job.Know that the company EHS procedures are
contained in reference books such as SSW Specifications, Plant
Rules and Regulations and Material Safety Data Sheets which are
located in the Foreman's area.You should be proficient in:
- Mechanical Assembly Skills
Keywords: Lincoln Electric, Mentor , General Laborer, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!