Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Job Summary Our Apprentice Baker is a key player in making sure
our pastries look and taste amazing. In addition to providing
unparalleled guest service, you'll assist in creating beautiful and
delicious art for our guests and provide the sweets that will be
the hit of their parties. Other key responsibilities include
producing quality bakery products to ensure customer requirements
are met and building customer loyalty by providing exemplary
customer service. This is an exciting opportunity to learn all
aspects of the Bakery Department including Clerk functions and Cake
Decorator functions. You'll also focus on baker duties for someone
with minimal or no retail decorating experience. To thrive in this
position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only
successful when those around you are set up for success. You are
eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your
career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around
you. You are creative with cuisine and love to help others foster
their own creativity. An interest in food doesn't quite scratch the
surface for you - you're passionate about the business, the trends
and what makes customers tick. You have culinary vision beyond a
simple "what's for dinner?" and every opportunity to connect with
people is an opportunity for you exchange ideas and learn tricks of
the trade. Our Bakers are the cream of the crop and must ensure
that each guest discovers the pleasure of tasting incredible food
and our passion for providing it at every turn. Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or
- Education Desired: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required
according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as
specified by recipe.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and
close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques
and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
department work area, including the back room, coolers and
freezers, to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and
displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are
followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, cleanups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping to
ensure department standards are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in
manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking
operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in maintaining bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Mentor , Apprentice Baker, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!