At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
This position is responsible for the coordination of freight
movement, quotations and basic documentation as required to move
cargo domestically and across international borders. This position
also resolves day to day transportation issues as they may arise.
The Logistics Specialist provides Customer service to both internal
and external Customers as it relates to transportation
What We Offer You
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit and bonus plans
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
What You Will Do
- Provide domestic and international transportation quotations.
Quotes include air, ocean and truck, regardless of urgency (e.g.
expedites) and size and weight of shipment(s).
- Obtain carrier Proof of Delivery documentation for quarter end
activity and as requested daily.
- Track & Trace international & domestic shipments.
- Obtain quotes from Freight Carriers when required.
- Book shipments with the appropriate carrier and prepare
necessary paperwork as it relates to returns and vendor drop
shipments and update Oracle with the correct shipment
- Troubleshooting related to transportation and delivery of goods
to or from STERIS or STERIS supplier/vendor facility.
- Arrange pickups and destruction of hazardous materials upon
- Book truck loads and expedites upon request based on the
parameters set in the STERIS Routing Guide.
- Recordkeeping where required
- Assist the Logistics Management in the evaluation of STERIS
Domestic & International Transportation suppliers.
What You Need To Be Successful
- High School Diploma or GED and 4+ years of domestic and/or
international transportation/shipping experience.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and
Microsoft Teams as well as have a typing skill set of at least 40
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external
customers and vendors.
- Excellent decision making, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business