Company: Lake Health
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The LPN, under the direction of the Physician and Site
Coordinator is responsible to the Director, Lake Medical Center,
and it's clients for the provision of direct patient care services,
under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Essential Job Functions and applicable professional
- Solicit and record information regarding patient condition in
an accurate and timely manner. Ensure all written and electronic
documentation is legible and accurate to ensure appropriate
communication and documentation of patient information.
- Assist Physician in providing patient care within LPN
guidelines. Perform patient care procedures and application by
following established standards of care to ensure quality and
prompt treatment of a patient.
- Maintain effective communication with patient, family,
physician and team members. Work in a positive manner to enhance
interdepartmental relationships and to promote efficiency and
- Maintain a safe environment by monitoring, securing, and
assisting in the maintenance of nursing supplies on a daily basis.
Correct work conditions and faulty policies/procedures that
increase the chance a patient will be harmed. Understand and follow
the rules and procedures applicable to patient care and non-patient
care duties while maintaining patient safety.
- Assist other Team Members in the performance of their
assignments by seeking out opportunities to help rather than being
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
appropriate to the age of the patients served as detailed in Lake
Health's plan of care
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding, and adherence to system
and departmental policies, procedures and the ability to reference
them from appropriate resources. Maintain regulatory compliance
with JCAHO, OSHA, CLIA and any other relevant state and federal
agencies. Ensure completion of all System and Department required
training, competencies and Computer Based Learning Programs
- Contribute to the advance of Performance Improvement and
participate in Lean utilizing the VSA (Value Stream Analysis) and
RIE (Rapid Improvement Event). Strives to provide service with
respect, compassion, and integrity.
- Direct daily tasks and personnel of the nurse team, including
nurse coverage, ordering supplies, communication with the Physician
Office Coordinator regarding staffing, supplies, training nurses,
and evaluating staff performance. Demonstrates effective leadership
qualities, organizational skills, professionalism, and ability to
maintain team member confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate from an approved school of practical nursing.
- Certification to pass class 2 narcotics;
- Valid registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS) required. ACLS
- 2 years clinical experience.
- Active listening skills; ability to convey information
effectively; very good communication skills; knowledge and
principles to provide customer service; good assessment skills;
ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with
patients, medical staff, and fellow team members; proficiency in
the operation of the computer; administer appropriate patient care
with concern and dedication.
Keywords: Lake Health, Mentor , LPN, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!