Company: Lincoln Electric Holdings
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
Req. ID: 19837
PURPOSE: Lincoln Electric has an available opportunity for a
Mechanical Engineer. We are seeking a reliable, experienced and
motivated individual to join our team at our Mentor, OH facility.
The successful candidate will provide collaborative communication,
applying knowledge and experience toward innovating and improving
our Filler Rod and Cored Wire drawing operations. This role
involves working with cross functional teams using innovative and
creative problem solving skills to meet project goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Improve the performance, efficiency and reliability of existing
processes and equipment by applying standard engineering techniques
and criteria to problem situations
- Work on engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability
and safety, lower operation and maintenance costs, and improve
- Assist with the implementation of a proactive continuous
- Develop new concepts in material processing, handling, and
productivity for cost reductions.
- Support Production Departments in achieving safety, quality,
attainment and cost targets
- Create & maintain all documentation associated with the
- Engineer solutions that comply with ISO 14001 and EHS
- Interface and provide technical support to all engineering,
manufacturing, maintenance, and R&D departments to ensure
accuracy of project design target details.
- Experience working & interacting with contractors, consultants,
and vendors/suppliers as part of prototyping and development of
- Experience or familiar with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge or wire manufacturing and/or wire drawing is a
- Performs engineering work in operations, production,
construction or maintenance environments
- Designs and scales up manufacturing processes, instruments and
equipment and tests manufactured products to maintain quality.
- Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures and
provides advice on issues within the engineering field.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
and 9+ years professional experience.
- Apply practical process knowledge with hands on approach to
production troubleshooting, installations, and testing.
- Able to create and modify mechanical drawings utilizing
established standards utilizing SolidEdge CAD software. Training
can be provided as needed.
- Investigate product warranty reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends
- Develop and recommend equipment specifications, performance
requirements, cost analysis and proposals for integrating
machinery, equipment, and tooling into the manufacturing
- Monitor and evaluate production parameters including but not
limited to: scrap generation, identify ways to reduce scrap and
ensure product quality standards.
- Author operational procedures.
- Work as a collaborative team member or team leader on strategic
- Work under general supervision with few direct instructions.
Carries out routine and tasks independently.
- Has specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise in own
discipline or function
- Interprets internal or external issues and recommends
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ)
with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in
over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well
positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our
customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute
to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that
comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It
is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer,
Construction, Welding, Engineering, Manufacturing
Keywords: Lincoln Electric Holdings, Mentor , Process Engineer, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!