Manual machinist, Tool and die maker
Company: Burton Industries
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and
operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate
and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures,
gauges, and machinists' hand tools by performing the following
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or
descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials
required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, and determines assembly
method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling
machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and
regarding construction and function of part.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and
fixtures, and recommends design modifications
- Develops specifications from general descriptions for specialty
tools and draws or sketches design of product.
Keywords: Burton Industries, Mentor , Manual machinist, Tool and die maker, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!