Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
Are you mechanically inclined with a knack for hands-on work? Do
you enjoy working as a part of a team? Do you thrive in a
fast-paced environment where you can make a difference every day by
solving complex problems and providing an exceptional customer
If you want to work for a great company where you will have the
opportunity to advance your career, join our Facilities team as a
Facilities Maintenance Technician in our Mentor, OH
What We Offer
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Annual merit bonus and incentive plans
- Business travel and all related expenses paid
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
What You Will Do
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the
requirements of all Mentor facilities. You will work with the
designated Facilities Supervisor or Team Leader to coordinate any
maintenance and building projects, ensuring services provided are
safe and efficient.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Routine cleaning of facilities and grounds to ensure safety and
a respectable appearance.
- Moving furniture and fixtures as required. Setting up and
taking down equipment for meetings.
- Ensuring proper lock out/tag out procedures are followed
consistently when needed.
- Receiving, logging, and providing follow-up on all maintenance
requests from other departments.
- Supporting any on call needs for alarms, and emergency call
- Performing as needed repairs on all maintenance equipment and
- Independently performing carpentry, electrical, mechanical, and
painting tasks as required.
- Performing and documenting routine periodic inspections for
building equipment and systems, as well as safety emergency
lighting, fire extinguishers, and other equipment.
- Completing & logging preventative maintenance on any items
identified during the inspection, without supervision.
- Operating various motor equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED
What You Need to be Successful
- High school diploma or GED with 3+ years of relevant experience
required. Vocational/Technical Degree preferred, with 2+ years'
experience required. This position may be elevated to a Senior
Facilities Maintenance Technician role for candidates that possess
an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by
- 3+ years' basic maintenance experience such as plumbing,
carpentry, and electrical repairs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous tow-motor certification preferred.
- Valid Driver's license, and ability to drive corporate vehicles
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting and decision-making
- Knowledge and use of handheld tools.
- Physical working requirements include:
- Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting,
sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and
- Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This
may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
- Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as
well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
- Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Working in confined spaces and under variable
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!