Senior Director, Advanced Technologies
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
This is an opportunity to directly impact STERIS' Lean efforts
as the Sr. Director, Advanced Technologies. You will serve as the
transformational leader responsible for strategy and execution of
advanced technologies for processes and operations. You will
combine continuous improvement and advanced technologies to drive
the evolution and implementation of short and long-term technical
strategies across the enterprise while serving as a key liaison
between operations, engineering, field technical, and service
business leaders. Responsibilities include standardization of
platforms of the various technologies introduced across the
corporation. Technology strategies will include but are not limited
to the use of automation technologies, augmented reality,
materials, and processes.
- Build a vision, strategy, and multi-year roadmap for advanced
technology with an objective of creating scalable and sustainable
business solutions that support improving quality, effectiveness,
efficiency, safety/ergonomics, design flexibility, competencies,
capabilities for products, processes, and people. Technology
platforms will be selected that are most beneficial for the
corporation as a whole.
- Lead and develop a culture of innovation and operational
excellence with a focus on continuous improvement in all areas of
advanced technology and business performance.
- Utilize well defined lean processes to implement
- Define actionable items for roadmap and execution in order of
priority and potential positive impact to the business while
considering available resources, Customer requirements, and other
- Work closely with key stakeholders to identify, develop, and
present business cases to support strategy, plans, and actions,
ensure that initiatives and projects are appropriately funded and
delivered to meet business, sustainability, and financial
- In collaboration with business partners and team members,
implement roadmap initiatives and action items with a focus on
integrating and in support of Lean/Continuous Improvement
methodologies, techniques, and processes.
- Research and identify prospective internal or external
technology partners who would be accountable for deliverables.
- Facilitate cross-functional communications across business
networks for shared technology needs, practices, and
- Collaborate with product, process, and service design teams to
ensure advanced technology considerations are included in design
- Oversee the implementation, establish maintenance, service, and
qualification protocols of technology systems. Ensure thorough and
compliant documentation practices are established.
- Develop and implement methods to monitor and measure
effectiveness of implementations; lead corrective actions as
- Lead the evaluation and budgeting of new technologies,
platforms, methods, and systems that align with company priorities
such as quality, capacity targets, productivity enhancements, and
- Prepare or assist businesses with preparation of capital
requests necessary for advanced technology implementation. Plan and
prepare annual budget.
- Remain current on technical advancements in technology
solutions that could impact the business.
- Attract, retain, and develop strong talent. Mentor, coach,
develop team members, develop, and retain key technical and
leadership skills, foster strong team performance to deliver on the
roadmap and meet Customer / business requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required (Mechanical,
Electronics/Electrical, Mechatronics or related
- Master's Degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of leadership experience in process
improvement via Advanced Technology or Automation in a Lean
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of Advanced
Technology applications such as automation including the use of
cobots, augmented reality, additive manufacturing (i.e. 3-D
printing, alternate materials).
- 10 years project management and reporting experience.
- Demonstrated positive impact to the business that translated to
clear, bottom line results by implementing step-function
- 10 years leadership experience working across multiple
businesses or functions in an organization.
- Experience with and demonstrated skills in analyzing business
needs, determining appropriate solutions and/or opportunities,
developing lean implementation strategies, and deploying them.
- Experience working in a regulated environment, medical device
experience, a plus.
- Prefer 3 or more of years experience working in a Toyota
factory or first supplier to Toyota with first-hand knowledge of
their practices and policies regarding automation utilized in their
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in Automation Technology
methods, techniques, and strategies.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing business needs, determining
appropriate solutions and/or opportunities, developing
implementation strategies, and deploying them.
- Impactful leadership skills and ability to effectively coach,
mentor, and develop team members.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, critical thinking,
and organizational skills.
- Superior and demonstrated leadership, team building,
communication, presentation, interpersonal, and coaching
- Passion for Lean / Continuous Improvement along with experience
in shaping a Lean / improvement-oriented culture in an
What STERIS Offers
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for
the long-term. STERIS couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by
providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition
assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit,
and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS plc is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization
with more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
STERIS strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , Senior Director, Advanced Technologies, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!