Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
The Human Resources Manager executes HR service delivery for
business groups supporting our Healthcare division. The HR Manager
ensures a high level of Human Resources services that include
employee development and engagement, performance management,
employee relations, attracting talent, manager coaching,
compensation/salary administration, supporting change management,
EEO/AA compliance, and special projects. The HR Manager will be the
primary HR point of contact for management of on-site and
home-based employees, spending a significant amount of time
interacting with employees at all levels.
What You Will Do
- Plans, develops, implements, and administers HR processes and
programs that increase the productivity, competence, effectiveness
and employee engagement of assigned client groups.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to requests, ensures
appropriate confidentiality and builds trusting relationships with
- Advises client groups and HR leadership on issues impacting the
organization's business goals and objectives.
- Counsels leadership on organizational assessment, succession
planning, organizational structure, workforce planning, and change
management to strengthen overall organizational capability.
- Coaches managers and employees regarding employee relations
issues including performance management, annual performance
reviews, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution,
discipline and/or terminations in line with local culture and the
business and legal environment.
- Supports communication initiatives including change management
strategies and organization transitions to align employees with the
- Delivers or organizes training programs and workshops on topics
such as Behavioral Based Interviewing and Performance
- Manages talent acquisition in designated areas, serving as a
recruiter for assigned requisitions or partners with a dedicated
recruiter handling the requisition, ensuring the recruiting process
is resulting in a high quality, timely, new hire.
- Works directly with managers to write job descriptions and
partners with compensation analysts on market pricing, analyzing
the impact of any compensation changes and advises management
- Ensures compliance with all employment laws and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business
Management/Admin, Behavioral Science or Organizational
- 5+ years Human Resources experience including 2+ years as an HR
- Superior collaboration, coaching and problem-solving
- Outstanding ability to develop and maintain relationships, able
to develop a 'trusted advisor' status with stakeholders.
- Exceptional skills in coaching and counseling, performance
management and recruiting.
- Demonstrated skills/competencies in critical thought process
and systems thinking analysis/problem solving, planning and
- Experience delivering training programs and making presentation
to management teams.
- Experience developing and implementing employee
- Experience with job evaluations and preparation of job
- Understanding of employment law and diversity/EEOC compliance
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead through change
- Demonstrates integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Strong PC skills with MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and HRIS
systems, preferably SuccessFactors
Offering You in Return
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for
the long-term. STERIS couldn't be where it is today without our
incredible people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by
providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition
assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit,
and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , HR Manager, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!