Coating Operator - Nights- Bldg 19
Company: Avery Dennison Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety
procedures, policies, and practices.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Identify
and escalate safety issues immediately.
- Manufacture products to required product specifications for the
assets in the Coating department.
- Demonstrate compliance with current ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR Part
820, and GMP standards. Follow and understand standard operating
conditions, job specifications, and other related
- Complete all necessary documentation for production according
to GDP requirements.
- Generate and maintain accurate inventory transactions by using
MFG/Pro transactional skills.
- Participate in group problem-solving teams and other continuous
improvement activities. Support ELS initiatives to improve
manufacturing performance (throughput, scrap reduction, safety, ISO
work instructions, ELS).
- Operation of a lift-truck to move or supply product. Capable of
material handling for all asset equipment, loading and unloading
trucks, and inventory transactions.
- Monitor and adjust process conditions in order to manufacture
quality product in a safe and efficient manner
- Work with maintenance to troubleshoot machine issues
- Assist in delivering employee training as needed.
- Maintain compliance with personal training record.
- Accountable for daily production maintenance, preventative
maintenance and housekeeping tasks according to established
- Remain flexible to work alternate schedules or overtime for
training purposes and to provide coverage for the production crew
leader and fellow operators during vacations or other
- Work effectively with team and management to create a
professional and positive work environment. Effectively communicate
to team and management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
High School diploma or GED
- Regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other
employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and
- Demonstrate a strong quality and service focus; address issues
effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand
root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents related to product
Actively contribute in a team-based environment; encourage open
communication and positive interaction with peers and management to
effectively reach common goals.
- Be willing and able to work during the designated hours and
accept a reasonable amount of overtime (including weekends).
- Be willing to work a variety of work assignments to achieve
production goals. Must be able to multi task and respond to
assignments quickly and readily. Meet/exceed facility standard for
attendance and punctuality.
- Be proficient with computer applications, especially email and
strong ERP system transactional skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance periodically
through the shift.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in skilled labor position with
demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing
environment or other regulated industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected
veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact 440-534-6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Keywords: Avery Dennison Corporation, Mentor , Coating Operator - Nights- Bldg 19, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!