Welder - 1st Shift
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: June 1, 2021
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
Position will be responsible for performing high mix/ low volume
manual TIG welding of Stainless Steel and Aluminum in a high
quality medical device manufacturing environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-established, global
company that will invest in your career growth over the long term.
STERIS wouldn't be where it is today without our incredible,
talented people. That's why we share in our success together by
rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for
the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive pay
- Training and coaching
- Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid vacation time and paid holidays
- Tuition assistance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Set-up and operate TIG welding equipment using prescribed
methods and procedures to weld parts within acceptable tolerances
- Build weldments through manual layout and manual surface prep
processes when required.
- Read and interpret welding blueprints including standard
welding symbols, travelers, and other work instruction
- Positions parts to be joined using fixtures and other holding
or positioning devices.
- Use required measuring instruments and gages to check and
ensure parts meet dimensional requirements.
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and written, with Engineers,
Quality personnel, supervisors, and fellow team employees.
- As a member of a self-directed work group, complete all
projects, assignments, and duties as directed and instructed.
- Complies with all quality standards.
- Remain safety-conscious at all times, wearing all prescribed
safety equipment and observing all safety rules stated in the
- Conform to all policies, procedures and rules of conduct as
communicated through the Associate Handbook, Bulletin Boards,
Newsletters and any other vehicle by which information is
distributed by STERIS Management.
- Record production activities on computerized shop floor control
- Meet all productivity requirement.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-year Welding experience.
- 2 years' experience working in a solid metal fabrication /
- Must be able to use prescribed manual processes in TIG welding
of stainless, mild steel, and aluminum.
- Must be able to read and interpret welding blueprints,
including all standard welding symbols.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments and
- Must have strong math and troubleshooting proficiency and basic
- Must have basic welding inspection knowledge - visual
- Vocational/ Technical - Completion of formal welding training
- Welding experience in flux core, MIG, stick, or carbon
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with
approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than
If you need assistance completing the application process,
please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to
equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action
programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained,
transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race,
color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship
status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy,
childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, and any other category
protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed
to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor,
but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , Welder - 1st Shift, Other , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!