Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Seamstress/Tailor position's primary responsibility is to
fulfill our mission statement, "to create the most enjoyable
shopping experience possible for our Guests." The Seamstress/Tailor
performs a variety of operational tasks to support the execution of
alterations in the store, including the hemming of jeans and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This description intends to describe the general nature and level
of work performed by Teammates assigned to this job. It is not
intended to include all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sales Generation and Guest Service
- Perform quality alterations on merchandise at store
- Follow ticket instructions and markings based on Guest
- Accommodate Guests with on the spot alterations when requested
by Store Leaders
- Meet deadlines and Guest expectations for merchandise
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, and weekends, and the day of/day after
Thanksgiving and Christmas, based upon store and business
- Use Buckle provided sewing machine and supplies to perform
- Measure and mark alteration lines.
- Pin altering folds or mark on cloth at seam to indicate
alterations in progress.
- Remove stitches from garment, using ripper or razor
- Resew merchandise using needle and thread or sewing
- Press merchandise, using a hand iron or steamer.
- Repair defective merchandise.
- Remove spots or stains from merchandise.
- Record all work and follow through on the alteration
- Record required alterations and instructions.
- Uphold specified productivity guidelines, generally four jean
alterations per hour.
- Maintain a clean, organized and stocked work area and inform a
Leader when additional supplies are needed.
- Flexible with hours as they may fluctuate seasonally based upon
- Open-minded for review on the amount of work that needs to be
- Communicate any policy violations to Store Manager, District
Manager, and/or Human Resources in a timely, confidential
- Provide feedback to Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Floor
Leaders regarding merchandise handling concerns.
- Understand and apply the Buckle's Code of Ethics and all
Buckle's policies, procedures, and handbook
- Fulfill mission statement by performing job duties with a high
level of customer service while contributing to a positive team
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related sewing, fitting, and alteration experience
and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Due to the nature of the job, must be 18 years of age or older.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a Teammate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this Job, the Teammate is regularly
required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Teammate is
frequently required to walk; climb or balance, jump, and talk or
hear. The Teammate is occasionally required to sit. Physical
ability to lift and maneuver 30lbs throughout the store and
backroom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the Teammate regularly
works in aretail store setting. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Buckle is committed to hiring and developing the most qualified
Teammates from the available workforce in the communities we
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a
fundamental principle at Buckle, where employment is based upon
personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination and
retaliation because of veteran status, uniformed service member
status, race, color, national origin or ancestry, creed, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical
conditions), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental
disability, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), or any other protected characteristic as established by
applicable local, state, or federal law. For state specific
information, refer to the State Law Supplements found on the
Teammate Center, under Human Resources.
Keywords: Buckle, Mentor , Seamstress/Tailor, Hospitality & Tourism , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!