2nd Shift Associate Supervisor, Manufacturing
Company: Steris Corporation
Posted on: September 20, 2022
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer
world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product
and service solutions around the globe.
The Associate Supervisor, Manufacturing is responsible for
planning, organizing, and supervising daily production activities,
and ensuring that products are delivered in accordance with
Customer requirements, while complying with applicable company,
quality, and regulatory standards. The supervisor will train and
coach production employees in creating and sustaining a lean
culture aligned with the company's Vision, Mission and Values. By
utilizing key leadership principles of respect, humility, and
leading by example, the supervisor will create a positive work
environment by engaging employees in the continuous improvement of
Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost initiatives.
* Ensures attainment of daily/weekly of production plan by ensuring
communication between the cells / shifts, sharing best practices,
prioritizing countermeasures among production cells and ensuring
proper job performance of all team members.
* Drive attainment of and improvements in safety, quality,
delivery, and cost (SQDC) performance.
* Meets Customer needs through creative solutions. Responds with a
sense of urgency and aligns activities, focusing on the needs and
requirements of the Customer.
* Leads with proper adherence to quality system procedures, Good
Documentation Practices (GDP) and Good Manufacturing Practices
* Ensures immediate response to abnormalities through identifying,
documenting, and segregating nonconforming material.
* Monitors process flow; identifies solutions for flow interrupters
and ensures immediate response to abnormalities and/or andon
signals while exhibiting a detailed understanding of processes and
* Monitors operational status on all equipment/tools including
calibration and certification, escalates as needed.
* Facilitates a safety culture, performs safety audits to ensure
proper use and condition of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
machines, and safe guards, trains individuals on safety procedures
and expectations, leads investigations of near misses / incidents
and facilitates the implementation of safety and ergonomics
* Learns and teaches others on the basic lean principles and
* Teaches, coaches and leads problem solving methodologies and
tools to improve safety, quality, delivery and cost (SQDC)
Duties - cont'd
* Trains, audits, improves standard work, and implementing daily
kaizen activities to meet SQDC objectives.
* Provides daily coaching of Team Leaders and Operators on job
duties and explanations of the "why" behind Lean principles and
* Executes, audits, and drives continuous improvement of 5S in
department according to STERIS standards.
* Champions idea generation system across department through
providing support to team members in generating and implementing
ideas. Ensures idea generation board is updated and best ideas
implemented are presented weekly to facility management.
* Challenges current state, seeking opportunities to make
incremental improvements daily and identifying solutions to remove
waste from production activities.
* Drives optimum employee performance, talent and talent
development. Provides growth, training, and development
opportunities to employees. Drives results through effective
coaching, and counseling of staff and setting meaningful and
* Evaluates performance and escalates needs through proper managing
and coaching of team members in relation to SQDC board meetings and
daily standard reports (daily production, material requirements,
* Reviews and recommends qualified individuals for positions
through interviewing and evaluation process. Conducts performance
reviews, recommends wage adjustments and promotions to manager, and
effectively addresses employee relations situations and manages
conflict. Develops high performers through use of IDP's and
performance management process.
* Covers Team Leader duties to maintain flow and efficiency of work
High School Diploma or GED
* Two (2) years or more of manufacturing operations experience
* Two (2) years or more of leadership experience preferred.
* Experience with a medical device or regulated environment a
* Experience in collective bargaining environment for plants that
are unionized. (where applicable)
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the
needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices,
vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR
CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B,
publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000
associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please
call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for
accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs
to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred
and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion,
age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or
veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, and any other category protected by federal, state or
local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status
as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound
by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics
required by - 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and
applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program
may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business
Req ID: 31679
Job Category: Manufacturing Operations
Mentor, OH, US, 44060
Life at STERIS
Keywords: Steris Corporation, Mentor , 2nd Shift Associate Supervisor, Manufacturing, Hospitality & Tourism , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!