Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Summary $1000 New Hire Bonus! Ask Human Resource
Representative for details.Our Baker is a key player in making sure
our Bakery products look and taste amazing. In addition to
providing unparalleled guest service, you'll be responsible for
using the best ingredients to craft the most delicious selection
for our guests. As a Team Member, you'll be part of a team that
emphasizes building lifelong relationships with our customers by
focusing on understanding and exceeding their needs. As a member of
the Bakery team, your primary responsibility will be preparing and
baking the products to ensure only the freshest are available. Job
- Experience Required: Satisfactory completion of job specific
skills assessment; 6 to 12 months experience or successful
completion of the Giant Eagle Apprenticeship program
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required
according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as
specified by recipe.
- Prepare Bakery products according to established recipes which
include scratch recipes.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and
close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to
- Kindly answer questions and resolve problems to ensure guest
requirements are met.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques
and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and
displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are
followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, clean-ups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping
to ensure department standards are met.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in
manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking
operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in other areas as required. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our
GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we
are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Mentor , Experienced Baker, Hospitality & Tourism , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!