Company: Hospice of the Western Reserve
Posted on: June 23, 2022
JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!Hospice of The Western
Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each
life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote
quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support
WHY US?We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset:
OUR EMPLOYEES!We live our shared core values in everything we
do:COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE.
We have a passion for purpose-driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY! The Social Worker is pivotal in providing
counseling services and medical social work to terminally ill
persons and families in collaboration with the transdisciplinary
team in a variety of settings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Address the emotional, spiritual and psychosocial needs of the
patient and family related to the patient's illness, need for care,
response to treatment and adjustment to care in accord with the
Team's Transdisciplinary Plan.
- Assist with group counseling and support programs for patients
- Maintain and promptly complete all required records and reports
according to agency standards.
- Participate in care conferences and bereavement program.
- Assist with discharge planning.
- Assist patients and family members with referrals to community
- Exhibit flexibility for emergency situations.
- Demonstrate positive customer service responsiveness according
to agency standards.
- Flexible in meeting patient/family needs that require working
evenings and weekends.
- Participate in the on-call rotation as scheduled.
- Assist in preparation of financial assessment and payment
- Maintain Transmission Based Precautions.
- Participate in chart review, quality improvement activities and
other meetings as assigned.
- Participate in coordination of and communication with volunteer
- Complete annual competency requirements.
- Assist with completion of Medicaid application process.
- Assign new cases to social workers and keep case assignment
board up to date.
- Assist with orientation of new employees.
- Assist with in-service programs and outside public relations
activities as requested.
- Participate on committees as appropriate or assigned.
- Supervise Social Work Interns as assigned.
- Participate in case reviews. SUCCESS CAPABILITIES:
- Masters prepared Social Worker.
- Licensed in the State of Ohio.
- Experience (2 yrs.) in counseling or related work with
individuals, families and groups.
- Experience preferred in hospice, medical facilities or nursing
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license, good driving
record and auto accident insurance at a level acceptable to HWR
and/or HWR's insurer.
- Equivalent education/experience may substitute for minimum
qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a
- Total Rewards Package to include Retirement, Health, Dental,
Vision, voluntary benefits and Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Non-exempt role
- Protocols in place for wellbeing during COVID-19 CONDITIONS OF
- Compliance to Annual Flu Shot Policy or ability to provide
- Provide an active auto insurance policy as a licensed driver in
the State of Ohio with the proper level of coverage as
- Provide an active driver's license
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United
- High level of integrity, ethics and professionalism. PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONSThis position requires the
duties be completed in both office-type settings and patient care
settings. May include making visits to a variety of home
environments with prolonged telephone or computer use at times.
Could require the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force
occasionally; work requires sitting, stooping, bending, kneeling,
reaching, standing, fingering, grasping and repetitive motions;
vocal communication; hearing, and visual acuity. This position has
the potential to be exposed to environmental elements, internal and
external, such as infectious disease, bloodborne pathogens, and
chemicals and/or chemical fumes, (pet dander and/or exposure to
allergens) and adverse effects of inclement weather that may occur
as well as potentially difficult patient and family situations.
NOTE: The responsibilities of this position are described above,
and they may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable
accommodations or other reasons. Also, this description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by
the employee occupying this position.Applicants who may need
reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may
contact: Careers at Hospice of the Western Reserve17876 St. Clair
Ave. Cleveland, OH 44114216.383.2222 Hospice of the Western Reserve
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to
Keywords: Hospice of the Western Reserve, Mentor , Social Worker, Healthcare , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!