LPN- Full Time
Company: New Season
Posted on: June 20, 2022
For over 30 years, New Season Treatment Centers have been a
leading national health care service provider of outpatient
treatment centers that specialize in providing safe, quality and
best in class care for individuals living with Opioid Use Disorder
("OUD").Operating in over 70 treatment centers in multiple states,
our team members are engaged in medication-assisted treatment,
counseling, support, and care management of individuals living with
OUD. We treat the whole person and, in so doing, address the
underlying causes of OUD in an effort to provide a continuum of
care that not only addresses treatment needs but supports the
patient on their journey to recovery.Job Summary:Under the
direction and supervision of the Medical Director or Registered
Nurse for medical matters and under the direction of the Program
Director for administrative matters participates in the promotion
and restoration of patients' health, collaborates with physicians
and multidisciplinary team members, and provides support to
- Supplies and administers medication pursuant to physician order
and, records dosage administered in the medical record.
- Conducts an actual sight and counts inventory of the medication
- Maintains absolute accuracy in daily accounting of medication
that is supplied or administered in inventory.
- Assumes responsibility for safeguarding medication
- Collects fees in the absence of a cashier position.
- Performs daily cash reconciliation in the absence of a cashier
position; ensures all cash collected is given to the Program
Director daily so the final count can be completed.
- Receives and ensures the accuracy of incoming medication
shipments; advises necessary staff of any discrepancies in a timely
- Ensures disposal of medical waste through the proper
- Observes patient's demeanor prior to dosing and seeks guidance
from the Medical Director or Registered Nurse when an issue or
concern is noted.
- Promptly communicates patient issues or concerns to the Medical
Director or Registered Nurse for medical matters and to the Program
Director for other matters. The former includes but is not limited
to dose requests, behavior, or any other aspect of patient care
that may need to be addressed.
- Contacts other centers to verify dosages as needed.
- Administers appropriate lab tests as required including patient
vital signs, TB tests when required, and collects data for review
by Medical Director or RN.
- Schedules and screens patients to be seen by the Medical
- Assists the Medical Director in collecting data for the history
and physical as required.
- Makes medical record entries as directed by the Medical
Director or RN and consistent with clinic protocol.
- Receives medical orders; ensures that medical orders are
documented and signed by the physician and ensures orders are
understood by Program Director and other staff members as
- Maintains absolute control, tracking, and confidentiality of
all patient medical paperwork.Education/Licensure/Certification:
Active nursing license in the state in which the clinic is
located.Required Knowledge: Understanding of opiate addiction,
medical terminology General nursing knowledge, and techniques.
Basic mathematics skills. Must be computer literate and have basic
knowledge of all Microsoft products including Word, Outlook, and
Excel. Must have basic typing skills.Experience Required: Minimum
of 1-year direct patient contact. Prior experience in the clinical
environment is helpful.Skill and Ability: Must possess excellent
customer service and interpersonal skills. Must have great
attention to detail and be extremely accurate in performing daily
Keywords: New Season, Mentor , LPN- Full Time, Healthcare , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!