Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Company: Race Winning Brands
Posted on: June 11, 2022
Description:Race Winning Brands (RWB) is the leading
manufacturer of racing and high-performance parts sold to
automotive and powersports markets. RWB is the preferred source for
high-end pistons, engine blocks, cylinder heads, intake manifolds,
connecting rods, crankshafts, clutches, transmissions, springs and
other engine and driveline- related performance components. RWB
markets its products through multiple prominent brands including JE
Pistons, Wiseco Performance Products, K1 Technologies, Diamond
Pistons, Trend Performance, Rekluse Motor Sports, MGP Connecting
Rods, ProX Racing Parts, Dart Machinery PAC Racing, Revmax, TSI,
and TransGo. RWB sells to a diverse and unmatched customer base of
professional and sportsman racers, engine builders, enthusiasts,
OEMs, automotive and powersports dealers and wholesale
distributors. RWB is headquartered in Mentor, Ohio with sales
offices and manufacturing operations in strategic locations
throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
This position reports to the Corporate EH&S Manager. The
successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to facilitate
compliance with all OSHA/EPA/NFPA/ programs. The Safety Engineer is
expected to work with the plant's leadership team and safety
committees in working towards maximizing employee productivity,
improving health and safety so that regulatory compliance is
achieved and maintained. Moreover, oversee incident investigations
to include proper investigation techniques and ensure corrective
actions are identified, to prevent a reoccurrence of the same
accidents and provide for a safe workplace.
- Partner with local management to complete accident
investigations and prepare serious incident reports correctly.
- implement corporate driven safety programs that reduce the
injury rate across all RWB sites
- Serve as the gatekeeper for healthcare services, including
treatment for worker illness and injuries.
- Advances Human Performance mindset by driving improvements in
site safety culture and facilitating risk reduction projects.
- Implement corporate facility safety and health technical
standards to be followed by the plant personnel in compliance with
local, state and federal regulations.
- Interacts with OSHA/EPA regarding formal complaints and
inspections. Manage all activities related to outside governmental
agencies and Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Represent the company at local, state, and federal regulatory
meetings as necessary.
- Partner with the EH&S Manager, to determine the need for
industrial hygiene monitoring (air, noise, heat stress, etc.) and
conduct the monitoring or coordinate the monitoring with the
- Lead/Conduct facility inspections to determine potential safety
and health hazards. Recommend corrective/preventative measures
- Must be able to write Emergency Response Preparedness plans,
enforce security precautions, and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for periodic driving duties of non-CDL commercial
vehicles within the parameters of your job duties, which will
always further require you to maintain an active driver's license.
Should your driving license status change, you are required to
report the change to your supervisor immediately.
- Support Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) efforts and
tracking of data.PM21
- Bachelor's Degree in safety or related field and/or a minimum
of 2 years' experience in similar role is required. Advance
certifications a plus, CSP preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations is required, including
claims handling regulations, accident investigation, and insurance
- Must be comfortable to work in a high pressure, urgency driven
- A minimum of 2 year experience creating PowerPoints and
presentations for senior teams
- Strong skills in data analysis and computer skills.
Keywords: Race Winning Brands, Mentor , Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Healthcare , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!