Registered Respiratory Therapist - $5,000 Sign-On
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Provides assessment, treatment, care and evaluation for patients
with respiratory insufficiencies.$5,000 Sign-On Bonus*internal
caregivers not eligibleEvening Shift2:00p-2:30a3-12hr shifts
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Directs respiratory staff for delivery of care. Implements and
monitors patient care plan.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the illness and provides
information about community support groups and other available
- At sites where applicable, the employee will perform blood gas
puncture and analysis.
- If the employee is designated as a Technical Consultant by the
blood gas Laboratory Director, the employee must meet minimum
qualifications as specified by the CLIA code of federal
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Diploma and/or transcripts must be provided for
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of
- Ohio Respiratory Care Professional (RCP) Board licensure.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program
(NRP) through American Heart Association (AHA) and/or Neonatal
Pediatric Specialist (NPS) certification when appropriate for
site.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Prior experience in critical care preferred.
- Neonatal/pediatric experience preferred when appropriate for
- Prior experience performing invasive procedures preferred when
appropriate for site.Physical Requirements:
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Normal hearing and vision or corrected to normal range.
- May require sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.#LI-VK1The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health
System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is
to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants
for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All
offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled
substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates
for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment, transfers and
promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate
without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex,
sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled
or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by
law. Information provided on this application may be shared with
any Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.Please review the Equal
Employment Opportunity posterCleveland Clinic Health System is
pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Individuals with DisabilitiesSchedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Mentor , Registered Respiratory Therapist - $5,000 Sign-On, Healthcare , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!