Associate Director, Pharmacy
Company: Signature Health Inc
Posted on: April 5, 2021
All employees of Signature Health are required to comply with
the Signature Health Annual Influenza Vaccination Policy. This
policy requires employees to obtain an annual flu vaccination. A
medical and/or religious exemption may be submitted for review by
the Signature Health Review Committee. Exemption requests are not
guaranteed to be approved. Signature Health Inc. is a non-profit
healthcare agency whose mission is to put good health within reach
of all of our community members through comprehensive mental
health, medical, and support services essential for optimizing the
well-being of mind and body. Serving patients in Lake, Ashtabula
and Cuyahoga counties, we are committed to increasing access to a
continuum of care while integrating behavioral and physical health
well-being. If you are passionate about making a difference then we
want to talk to you. We offer employees a dynamic, collaborative
work environment along with a comprehensive range of benefit
selections to support your total wellness, including several 100%
employer paid benefits. SCOPE OF ROLE Reporting to the Director,
Pharmacy, The Associate Director, Pharmacy assists in fulfilling
Signature Health's mission and vision by providing clinical
expertise, leadership, oversight, and direction for Signature
Health's pharmacies. You will focus on the operational oversight
and business expansion of pharmacy services throughout Signature
Health and will assist in maintaining compliance with all
regulatory bodies across the healthcare system, especially in
regard to the 340B Drug Pricing Program. HOW YOU'LL SUCCEED
- Effectively manage and oversee the daily objectives of the
- Be actively engaged when overseeing your team member's
individual performance which should include ongoing coaching,
development, and meeting objectives through the annual review
- Lead by example by providing ongoing communication, teaching,
and training to team members.
- Actively lead team meetings and process improvement initiatives
to continuously improve work productivity, quality and efficiency
of the team.
- Provide onsite support to pharmacy operations; provide
availability for questions and concerns from employees or site
- Able to perform all job functions of a Pharmacist and provide
coverage if needed.
- Identify and implement use of appropriate metrics to measure
quality outcomes and assist in the development of performance
- Assist the Director, Pharmacy with implementing and maintain
business practices for continued pharmacy profitability.
- Assist the Director, Pharmacy in ensuring compliance with all
licensure and governing body requirements, including but not
limited to: Ohio State Board of Pharmacy, Office of Pharmacy
Affairs (including 340B Drug Pricing Program), and all state and
federal drug laws.
- Maintain oversight of 340B compliance within Signature Health
by conducting audits in conjunction with the Compliance Department
no less than quarterly as well as ensuring accountability with all
- Participate in 340B learning opportunities, such as completing
340B University by Apexus and attendance at applicable state and
national meetings to maintain subject matter expertise.
- Work closely with the Chief Finance Officer and other
organizational leadership to develop and manage vendor and payer
contracts and ensure compliance with all contractual requirements
of payers and wholesale purchasing agreements.
- Oversee and monitor records of all pharmacy transactions
necessary to ensure adequate control over and accountability for
all drugs as required by applicable state and federal laws and
regulations necessary to meet all inspection and other operational
requirements, including 340B contracts.
- Monitor and update Pharmacy Software System as necessary to
ensure consistency across all pharmacy locations.
- Direct the contracting and credentialing process for central
fill operations, including specialty contracting and
- Collaborate with pharmacy team to effectively manage inventory
and implement cost saving measures, where applicable.
- Assist the Health Services Administrators in developing and
implementing Corrective Action Plans (CAP), if needed.
- Comply with all agency policies and procedures.
- Maintain all aspects of HIPAA, promoting patient
confidentiality and right to privacy.
- May be required to perform telehealth services as determined by
- Adherence and completion of compliance training provided by
- Responsible for and completes all productivity/documentation
- Participate in all assigned staff meetings and staff
- Demonstrate appropriate attendance and punctuality in adherence
with Signature Health policies.
- Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Valid unencumbered Registered Pharmacist (RPh) License in the
state of Ohio required.
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Pharmacy from a university
accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
required; graduate degree such as MS, MBA, PharmD strongly
- Minimum 5 years of pharmacy experience in clinical setting
- Minimum 3 years of pharmacy supervisory and administrative
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS)
certification required. COMPETENCIES
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service
- Planning and Organizing WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is normally performed in a typical
interior/office/clinical work environment.
- While hours of operation are generally standard, flexibility to
work evenings and extended hours may be required.
- Requires periods of sitting, standing, telephone, and computer
- Hearing: adequate to hear clients or patients in person, over
the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Speaking: adequate to speak to clients or patients in person,
over the telephone or through telehealth technology.
- Vision: Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including
reading information from printed sources and computer screens.
- Physical effort required: occasional lifting and carrying items
weighing up to 15 pounds, unassisted.
- Possible exposure to blood borne pathogens while performing job
- Frequent bending, reaching, and repetitive hand movements,
standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some lifting,
pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout a regular
- Sufficient dexterity to operate a PC and other office
equipment. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Internal Job Code: 1485
- Last Revision Date: 3/12/2021 This Success Profile is not an
exhaustive list of all functions or requirements that you may be
required to perform; you may be required to perform other
job-related assignments as requested by your supervisor or the
company.--You must be able to perform the essential functions of
the position satisfactorily; however, if requested, reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable you to perform the essential
functions of this job, absent undue hardship.--Signature Health may
revise this Success Profile at any time, with or without advanced
notice.-- Qualifications Education Required Bachelors or better.
Preferred Masters or better. Experience Required 3 years: pharmacy
supervisory and administrative experience 5 years: pharmacy
experience in clinical setting Licenses & Certifications Required
Basic Life Support Registered Pharmacist Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Signature Health Inc, Mentor , Associate Director, Pharmacy, Healthcare , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!