Sales Director, LPM-NA East Region
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials
science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a
wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company's
products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include
pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications;
tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and
retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel;
and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail
apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California,
the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50
countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at
Avery Dennison was built to make a difference. Our founder, Stan
Avery, believed that a purposeful company could be both a
profitable enterprise and a force for good. In 1935, Stan invented
the world's first self-adhesive label as a way to merchandise
objects. What he invented is what we know today as stickers!
Since then, Avery Dennison has grown to a Fortune 500 global
company that continues to develop innovative materials. Our labels
and packaging business creates materials that you see every day
from wine and spirits, online shopping packages, pharmaceuticals,
and home care products. On any given day, hundreds of millions of
people are touched by a product, process, or experience made
possible by the things we make. We're making a difference by
delivering innovations that advance the circular economy, reducing
our environmental impact, and being a force for good, making
valuable contributions to all our collaborators.
Apply to be part of our talented team and build your future with
If you want to make a difference and help build the future, we are
seeking a Sales Director to join the Label and Packaging Materials
sales organization. In this role you will lead a team of regional
sales professionals and will be responsible for planning and
executing sales activities with accounts in the eastern region of
the United States.
Developing our team is a top priority and there will be numerous
opportunities to learn new skills and gain new experience. In this
role you will be responsible for modeling and upholding the
organization's values, fostering an inclusive culture, and
supporting employee engagement.
The successful candidate is an ambitious self-starter and seasoned
people leader, who can leverage business intelligence and
technology to identify opportunities to grow the commercial
business and provide solutions to our customers.
Leadership and Talent Development
- Identify and support development opportunities for the estern
region sales team.
- Drive action within the sales team to achieve and exceed
individual and business goals.
- In collaboration with human resources and talent acquisition,
attract, retain and develop high potential talent, and develop a
robust succession plan for the future of the organization.
Excellence in Execution - drive near-term results and
- Overall responsibility for delivering the annual operating plan
and for handling the sales efforts for East region label and
packaging materials business.
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the
barriers to delivering driven advantage via global size and
- Actively engage in applying company standard methodologies to
increase efficiency and profit margins.
- Responsible for delivery of short term and long term results in
order to develop and maintain the organization's credibility with
the business and creating opportunities for the function to add
greater value to the business.
- Translate market trends and customer needs into useful goals
that create competitive advantage.
- Play a key role in negotiations of major contracts.
Strategic transformation and long-term strategy development
- Develop and implement long-term sales strategies that are
geared toward developing greater market share and
- Define the value proposition to the market, customers and
industry including service, price and product platform
- Develop Sales objectives, goals, strategies and measures (OGSM)
for assigned area and confirm linkage to regional business
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of successful sales or related experience. Industry
and product experience preferred.
- Strong experience in strategic sales leadership needed.
- Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or
- Strong experience negotiating contracts.
- Sophisticated business and financial acumen required
- Experience in planning and forecasting, with practical
experience in researching new opportunities, negotiation and
implementing successful account penetration.
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management
skills, with an ability to navigate a cross-functional matrix
organization and to openly convey information to team members in a
timely, concise manner .
- Skilled in communicating and influencing effectively with all
levels of management on sophisticated business issues.
- Ability to leverage applicable technology systems, such as
Google G Suite and Salesforce.com.
Required Travel: 40-50%
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job,
alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please
contact 440.534.6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to
discuss reasonable accommodations.
Videos To Watch
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Mentor , Sales Director, LPM-NA East Region, Executive , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!