Machine Repair Mechanic
Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development
and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products,
automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global
leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125
years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to
employing talent that will support our strategy to foster
innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for
our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to
build a better world. Req. ID: 23513 PURPOSE: Mechanically
troubleshoot, repair and maintain complex production equipment and
systems. Primarily 1st shift schedule, could include 2nd, 3rd,
split shifts, weekends, holidays, 12 hour shifts, on-call. Daily
work activity is directed by the Group Leader and a Machine Repair
Mechanic A. Reports directly to the department Manager. JOB
DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Performs all task under general supervision.
- Provides training and assistance to less experienced
- Assumes high level ownership during off-shift work periods
related to work prioritization, production needs, and safety
- Troubleshoot, inspect, adjust, and repair automated machines,
process systems, and robotic systems to ensure they are working
properly and safely.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and
systems (e.g., mechanical, electrical).
- Evaluates and recommends equipment improvements to improve
availability, capability and yield.
- Performs equipment failure analyses (including preventative and
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment, such
as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, etc.
- Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose malfunctions.
- Adjusts, cleans and lubricates parts of mechanical devices as
- Perform adjustments on various forms of process equipment.
- Assists in configuring, commissioning, and testing new
equipment while making sure all maintenance and installations are
well-documented, working properly, and operating safely.
- Document repairs for regulatory purposes.
- Perform bench work in repairing and maintaining production
equipment and spare part assemblies.
- Oversee maintenance contract and service work as assigned.
- Order and maintain spare parts.
- Assist with keeping neat and orderly records on work
- Work with Engineering, Production Team Leads, Managers, Group
Leaders, and fellow tradesmen to accomplish the desired
- Adjust schedule and work hours to accomplish the desired
result, ability to be on-call and must be able to rotate shifts and
work weekends and holidays as required.
- Perform work assignments efficiently while being consistent
with good safety practices.
- Assist in procedure/equipment upgrades as necessary.
- Report any maintenance and/or safety issues to supervisor.
- Review, understand, and follow all Company specifications and
procedures, and regulatory rules and requirements that are
associated with the performance of this job.
- Other duties as assigned by the department Manager.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company's 2025 Strategy. BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Must have successfully completed an Apprentice Program, an
Associate degree or Certificate in a mechanical technology or have
equivalent job experience.
- Must pass the skilled trade assessment test for this
- Must have a basic knowledge of mechanical troubleshooting
including power transmission, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Must have a basic ability to diagnose the root cause of a
problem, make repairs, and test for proper operation.
- Must have a basic level of knowledge and experience reading
mechanical drawings and service manuals.
- Must have a basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to work
on close tolerance equipment and/or parts.
- Ability to use various measuring devices (torque wrench,
micrometers, Vernier calipers, dial indicators etc.)
- Ability to fabricate, weld, or machine parts may be
- Excellent attendance required.
- Must possess good organizational and communication skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, safety and quality conscious;
requiring minimal supervision.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
- May be required to operate basic shop equipment (hoist,
forklift, scissor lift, etc.)
- Must be able to work in confined areas, climb ladders, and work
at heights of 50 feet. Some work at heights in excess of 300 feet
may be required.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
- Must be willing to continuously improve technical skills and
- Must be able to understand and interpret the specifications and
procedures related to this job. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or
disability. Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company
(NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With
operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we
are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow
with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will
contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the
pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's
challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Department. Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time Function:
Maintenance Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Mentor , Machine Repair Mechanic, Engineering , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!