Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Buyers Products
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Senior Manufacturing EngineerBuyers Products company, a leading
manufacturer in the Work Truck Industry, is searching for a Senior
Manufacturing Engineer. The Senior Manufacturing Engineer provides
technical expertise and support to operations, ensuring that new
and existing product requirements can be met at optimum quality and
cost levels in a safe manner. This role requires a candidate that
is proficient in robot programming, robotic welding with the
ability to troubleshoot and write programs from scratch as well as
integrate with other sensors and controls. The Senior Manufacturing
Engineer role involves efforts ranging from production breakdown
troubleshooting to implementing new processes and equipment. We are
looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer who is passionate about
process development, has experience with project level success, and
thrives in a fast-paced environment. Primary Job Duties:
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve manufacturing
processes including robotic welding, metal cutting, metal forming,
assembly, automation, etc.
- Lead cross functional teams to resolve difficult problems with
long standing solutions coordinating with engineering, supply
chain, operations, quality, maintenance, etc.
- Hands on support for production breakdowns, process capability
and runnability issues.
- Keep current with technical advancements in robotics, welding,
automation, and regulations / standards.
- Coach and mentor manufacturing engineers.Skills / Experience:
- Proficient in robot programming and robotic welding.
- Experience with project management including new equipment
acquisition and implementation.
- Experience and success working with manufacturing to implement
sound designs meeting safety, quality, cost, and reliability
targets with a focus on the process user as customer.
- Familiar with error proofing methods like failure modes and
effects analysis (FMEA).
- Experienced with quality systems like ISO 9001 and new product
- Exhibits thorough documentation, organizational,
self-management, and communication skills.
- A disciplined, influential personality who is self-motivated,
results oriented, and capable of a sustained and continuous
- Ability to adapt and learn within a fast-paced manufacturing
- Experience working with PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, sensors,
and controls is preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering, Robotics Engineering, or related fields.
- Demonstrated experience with welding. Certification in welding
- 5+ years of applicable experienceAbout Buyers Products
CompanyEstablished in 1946, Buyers Products Company has grown to
become a leading manufacturer in the work truck industry. Buyers
Products specializes in durable truck boxes, heavy duty towing
equipment, hydraulics, controls, and all-season trailer
accessories. The Buyers line of snow and ice equipment includes
SnowDogg - snowplows, SaltDogg - spreaders, and ScoopDogg snow
Keywords: Buyers Products, Mentor , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!