Company: The Lincoln Electric Company
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
immense. Req. ID: -20313 - PURPOSE: - -Lincoln Electric has an
available opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. - We are seeking a
reliable, experienced and motivated individual to join our team at
our Mentor, OH facility. The successful candidate will provide
collaborative communication, applying knowledge and experience
toward innovating and improving our Cored Wire drawing operation.
This role involves working with cross functional teams using
innovative and creative problem solving skills to meet project
goals. JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Responsible for the mechanical aspects of the projects
including facilities preparation, equipment design and equipment
- Work on engineering solutions to improve equipment reliability
and safety, lower operation and maintenance costs, and improve
- Engineer solutions that comply with ISO 14001 and EHS
- Interface with all engineering, manufacturing, maintenance, and
R&D departments to ensure accuracy of project design target
- Provide technical support to Production and Maintenance
- Knowledge of wire manufacturing and/or wire drawing is a
- Experience working & interacting with contractors, consultants,
and vendors/suppliers as part of prototyping and development of
- Experience or familiar with Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge of Solid Edge, and MS Office software is a plus.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. Other
engineering disciplines with appropriate experience would be
- Minimum -3 years engineering experience preferred.
- Apply practical process knowledge with hands on approach to
production troubleshooting, installations, and testing.
- Able to create and modify mechanical drawings utilizing
established standards utilizing SolidEdge CAD software. - Training
can be provided as needed.
- Develop mechanical improvements and tooling design for existing
machinery soliciting observations from Operations, Maintenance and
- Investigate product warranty reports by collecting, analyzing,
and summarizing information and trends
- Develop and recommend equipment specifications, performance
requirements, cost analysis and proposals for integrating
machinery, equipment, and tooling into the manufacturing
- Monitor and evaluate production parameters including but not
limited to: scrap generation, identify ways to reduce scrap and
ensure product quality standards.
- Author operational procedures.
- Work as a collaborative team member or team leader on strategic
- Work under general supervision with few direct instructions.
-Carries out routine and semi-routine tasks independently.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability. Lincoln Electric is a
$2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees
around the world. -With operations in over 40 manufacturing
locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this
partnership and poised to grow with our customers. -As a part of
that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of
innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of
the solution to the world's challenges. -It is a great time to be
part of the welding industry! Lincoln Electric does not accept
unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. -Resumes submitted
to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor
agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become
property of Lincoln Electric. -Verbal or written commitments from
any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding
terms. -Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party
recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity
through the Recruiting Department. Employment Status: Salary
Full-Time - Function: -Engineering - Section: -Lincoln Cleveland
(US10) - EOE, -including disability/veterans
Keywords: The Lincoln Electric Company, Mentor , Process Engineer, Engineering , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!