Associate Internal Auditor
Posted on: January 11, 2022
STERIS is a leading provider of infection prevention and
procedural products and services, focused primarily on the critical
markets of healthcare, pharmaceutical and research and medical
devices. Our mission is to help our Customers create a healthier
and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science
product and service solutions around the globe. We have 12,000
employees worldwide, with over 3,000 in Customer-facing sales and
Founded as Innovative Medical Technologies in Ohio in 1985, the
company was renamed STERIS in 1987. Many of the businesses that
have been acquired and integrated into STERIS have much longer
operating histories, notably the American Sterilizer Company
founded in 1894.
The STERIS Vision is inspired by our Customers' efforts to create a
healthier and safer world, and guided by our legacy of leadership
and innovation; we strive to be a Great Company. To STERIS, this
means we will make a difference by providing world-class product
and service solutions for our Customers, safe and rewarding work
for our People, and superior returns for our Shareholders.
The Internal Audit Department's mission is to provide independent,
objective assessment of the Company's system of internal control
and underlying business processes. Internal Audit provides
consulting activities designed to add value and improve the
Internal Audit will employ the Committee of Sponsoring
Organizations of the Treadway Commission (COSO) 2013 Internal
Control - Integrated Framework for the assessment of the
effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
Furthermore, Internal Audit will conform to the International
Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) which encompasses a series
of principle-focused standards to evaluate and improve the
effectiveness of risk management, control and governance
1. Support financial and operational audits at corporate and remote
2. Gain an understanding of business processes, and evaluate
potential risks during audit planning. Assess the procedures and
3. Develop the audit approach to address risks identified during
4. Support testing to evaluate the design and operating
effectiveness of internal controls, business processes, and
procedures at STERIS Corporation.
5. Assist in the testing and walkthrough procedures to determine
company compliance on assigned Sarbanes Oxley processes: reviews
and analyzes the control structure, performs walkthrough and
testing procedures, documents testing results that are reviewed and
often relied upon by our external auditors, and finally
communicates results to the process owners.
6. Under the guidance of audit supervision, assist in the
preparation of audit reports with concise recommendations presented
to and agreed by management indicating management's response and
timeframe for implementation.
7. Assist in the evaluation of materiality for the audit
deficiencies. Provide perspective for evaluating the audit
deficiencies against evolving industry best practices.
8. Evaluates the adequacy and timeliness of management's response
and the corrective actions taken on significant audit
9. Conduct work in accordance with the International Standards for
the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics
promulgated by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
10. Clear and effective oral and written communication skills.
11. Strong analytical/quantitative skills.
1. Recent college graduate with an understanding of the profession
of internal audit including risk management activities.
2. Working Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
3. Understanding of both current accounting (GAAP) and auditing
4. Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with
people at all levels of the organization and facilitate the
implementation of corrective action.
Keywords: STERIS, Mentor , Associate Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Mentor, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!